Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Networking

It seems I am always networking with someone. I don't mind because I like people and to stay on top of what is going on with who. It gets frustrating when you just want to meet with someone and talk about how you can help each other and it turns into a big process.

Here is an example from today.
A photographer friend of mine recommended I get in touch with some photographers I haven't worked with yet and have great talent. In an effort to break the ice I sent emails. Some never respond so you follow up, others who do respond say things like "Im not in charge of my schedule I will pass you on to my asst, I don't do alot of testing so I will pass you on to my art director, great work thanks for contacting me." How do you get to the next step which is get in front of them to meet face to face? Going to the next level isn't always about your talent or who you should be working with.
It's about your skill set and how well you can network into that next level.

sheesh, what a web we crawl around on haha

No comments:

Post a Comment