Friday, June 5, 2009

Crazy fun shoot with amazing fashion photographer.

I was a little surprised when Billy Kidd said "we are doing this gorilla style today". You know fashion photographers, great lighting, great detail and planning... well all that was involved but we were invading a small abandoned hotel, dirty grounds, broken glass all over and basically everything was falling apart with a beautiful model and a 5 member team.


It was hot outside but tolerable for a time. The model was incredible, 6 foot tall and stunning; Billy had chosen wisely. I started with the ideas Billy had for the shoot, very clean looks on the face and hair that had a modern looking curl and laid beautifully no matter how she tosseled it.


When working with skin I always like to listen to my model, they usually know where and why if there are any issues. Anna said she had some dryness due to her travels from moist back to our dry air. I addressed the dryness then covered any blemishes (which isn't easy btw) and smoothed over all the products for a very even application which is key. I really like to use a soft brush all over the face in circular motions to give a very soft blended look. I made sure that products weren't BUNCHING up under eye etc. Billy wanted a wet sheen look on the face which fit perfectly with the sun and also fashion trend so I was thrilled. I had planned a few days in advance for this and put together a powder highlighter I love with a moisturizer for better cling than the powder delivers. To my delight, it stayed put ALL DAY! I spritzed her face lots with a fixer spray containing purified water, glycerin, cucumber and some vitamins, that also worked like a charm. Moist and beautiful results but not WET.


During the 6 hours of the shoot I was able to revive curls and touch up makeup indoors on breaks. I changed her lips often, from matte ending in almost vinyl lips.


Overall, it was an awesome experience. I adore Billy (photographer), Anna (model), Shannon(stylist) and Coogan(photographer/asst). Billy will always challenge you to do your best and really that's what it's all about in fashion, doing your best and always looking to go to the next level.


Let me know if you have any specific questions or comments. Photos to come.

2 comments:

  1. You ROCK - I love to work with you.....and I LOVE that you have as much enthusiasm and passion as I do for this biz! Great job at this shoot and always!!! I am proud of you, and honored to work with you xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always on the cutting edge of what is new and hot. I love it. And, being an aesthetician, I am impressed by how knowledgeable you are on products, ingredients, applications, etc. Great work Lorri!

    ReplyDelete